Home / Before Boarding / Travel to Europe

Travel to Europe

Travel to a European country (EU-Schegen country)

If you are a non-EU national wishing to visit or travel within the EU, you will need a passport:

  • valid for at least 3 months after the date you intend to leave the EU country you are visiting,
  • which was issued within the previous 10 years,

A visa is not required to US and Canadian citizens, however they must have a passport that is valid for three months after the period of intended stay in EU. Note that citizens of Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, and the USA are exempt from the requirement to hold onward tickets.

NOTE: It is highly recommended that your passport has at least 6 months validity remaining after your intended date of departure from your travel destination. Has also is advise to have two blank pages left to use on your passport.

If your stay at EU is higher than 90 days you will need a VISA, EU countries may also ask for other supporting documents such as an invitation letter, proof of lodging, return or round-trip ticket. For the precise requirements contact the local consular services of the EU country in question.
Apply for a visa from the consulate or embassy of the country you are visiting. If your visa is from a "Schengen area" country, it automatically allows you to travel to the other Schengen countries as well. If you have a valid residence permit from one of those Schengen countries, it is equivalent to a visa. You may need a national visa to visit non-Schengen countries.

Check below the countries that have VISA exemption to enter in EU:



Persons under 18 years of age, depending on their province or territory of residence, are considered children and need appropriate documentation to travel abroad. The following is a list of documents that may be required:

  • Passport (in the same conditions as above, for the adult).
  • Consent letter confirming that the child has permission to travel abroad (e.g. when taking a trip alone or with only one parent)
  • Supporting identification, such as a birth certificate or citizenship card.
  • Other legal documents, such as divorce papers, custody court orders or a death certificate (if one parent is deceased)

Check with the nearest embassy or consulate of each country you are planning to visit about additional entry requirements, and check our Country travel advice and advisories for other laws and regulations affecting children.